Applying to Be a Mentor
Mentoring a youth can be one of the most fulfilling experiences of a lifetime and can also lead to a lifelong relationship. Our community needs more adult mentors to match with youths in need of guidance and support. If you have two hours a week to spare and can commit to signing on for one year, you should consider mentoring with Restorative Justice.
- Having a car and valid driver's license and insurance.
- Passing a background check and completing other paperwork.
- Providing three personal and three professional references.
- Completing a training package.
- Application submitted and received.
- If requirements are met, the applicant is contacted for an in-person interview and completion of background check paperwork.
- If the background check clears, references are checked.
- If reference checks are satisfactory, the applicant is sent additional paperwork and training information.
- Upon successful completion of paperwork and training, the applicant is added to the official mentoring list and awaits matching with an appropriate mentee.
To begin the process, please fill out the mentor application listed and email it to Megan Walters or Katie Illies. If submitting via email, you will need to print the completed form, then scan it and email it. If you prefer to drop it off at our office, we are located on the 5th floor of the:
Winona County Courthouse
171 W Third Street
Winona, MN 55987
This timeline for the application process is subject to the timeliness of the applicant; the general demand for mentors; and careful consideration of appropriate mentor-mentee matches.