A county feedlot program is established by the transferring of regulatory authority from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency to the county. This transfer of authority is granted by statute and it allows the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency to delegate administration of certain parts of the feedlot program to counties.
County feedlot programs have the responsibility for implementing state feedlot regulations including registration; permitting; inspection; education and assistance; and compliance follow-up. The legislature provides funds to counties to implement state feedlot regulations and that the amount is primarily based on the number of feedlots in the county. The posted reports show the amount and kind of work that was done as well as the cost to perform the work.
- 2020 Annual Report and Performance Credit Report (PDF)
- 2020 Feedlot Program Financial Report (PDF)
- Minnesota Rules Chapter 7020 Feedlots (PDF)
- Winona County Ordinance Chapter 8 Livestock Feedlots (PDF)
- Milk House Wastewater Options (PPTX)
- Water Appropriations Permitting (PPTX)
- Feedlot Expansion and Permitting (PPTX)