The Auditor's Office is responsible for administering Federal, State, and County elections. These duties include the maintenance of the Voter Registration System, candidate filing, training of election judges, providing oversight on polling place issues for all precincts, ordering ballots and supplies for all precincts, tabulation of election night results, and conducting canvassing.
- March 14th - applicable Township Elections
- April 11th - ISD 861
- May 9th - Winona County Commissioner District 3 Special Election to fill vacancy (if more than 2 candidates file, this date will be the Primary Election.)
- Filing period for Commissioner District 3 will run from Feb 14th - Feb 28th. Filing will take place at the Auditor-Treasurer's office within the County Office Building at 202 W 3rd St, Winona, MN 55987. Filing hours will be 8am-4:30 pm Monday - Friday. Hours will be extended until 5 pm on Feb 28th. The deadline to withdraw will be 5pm on March 2nd. A non-refundable filing fee of $50 is required. Please see "Become a Candidate" link below if interested in filing.
- Aug 8th - Winona County Commissioner District 3 (General Election date if a Primary Election is needed.)
- Absentee Ballot Instructions Non-Resident Revised (PDF)
- Absentee Ballot Instructions Revised (PDF)
- Affidavit of Candidacy (PDF)
- City and Town Hall Locations (PDF)
- Federal Post Card Application for Military or Overseas Citizens (PDF)
- Request an Absentee Ballot (PDF)
- Voter Registration Form (PDF)
- Voters Bill of Rights 2015 (PDF)
- Winona County Polling Sites (PDF)